Wednesday, May 16, 2012

36 weeks!!!

It still does not register to me sometimes, that in less than a month, (hopefully alot less than a month), another human being will be living in our house!!  It doesn't click with me yet.  It's so surreal.  It's so exciting that part of me thinks that it's just not true!  I am SO excited to meet her.  I am so excited to see if she looks like me, Josh, or Jaycee.  I am so excited to see what Jaycee will act like (once the transition stage is over).  I am so nervous about how our days are going to go down with a newborn and a toddler.  I am so scared that I won't be able to handle the pressure of two kids needing me at once.  I have SO many emotions.  But every free second that Jaycee isn't asking a question (which isn't often) or I'm not doing something for my family, I just try to remember to praise God for this blessing growing inside of me.  I look at Jaycee and it's hard to imagine loving something as equally as much, but I know I will.  I've been told the heart grows! I already love this little girl, and I already can't pray enough over her, and her health, and her future- It's. Just. Surreal.  That's the only way I know to put it.  It's getting so close and the anticipation of her coming is killing me!! :) 

So anyways, on to week 36!!



I am one, in charge momma!!  I just don't know if I can keep posting these pictures if I get any larger!!!  hahahaha.  I know I'm big, but when I see a picture of me, I always just.about.die!  But I'm big because a wonderfully made beautiful little girl is growing like a weed inside of me- right?!?!  :)  I always have to tell myself that! :)  I know it's a blessing, don't get me wrong! :)

So I went for my 36 week appointment yesterday. 

Weight: up another pound and a half.  So almost at the 28 lb mark total.  (Do I really care this far into it anymore- not really!! :) )

Cravings: It just depends on the day.  Sometimes something sweet, sometimes something salty, and other days- just fluids.  I always have to have a drink beside me!  I'm getting to where I snack more, and meal less.  I just don't have enough room anymore to sit for a meal.  I just wish I could snack as healthy as I try to make my meals for my family. 

*Not dilating or thinning yet. :(  I know I'm only 36 weeks and she technically does need to cook a little longer, so I guess I'm ok with that for right now. 

*The contractions are being noticed less, but the cramping is becoming stronger.  I guess that's why I was hoping that the cramping was b/c there was work in progress being made on the ol' cervix, but Dr. Howell said, cramping is a good sign at this point- regardless if it's worked it's magic yet or not!  So maybe next week!! (fingers crossed!)

*Dr. Howell has another US scheduled for me in 2 weeks to get an estimated fetal weight.  We did that with Jaycee, and b/c of her weight, I needed to be induced b/c she was showing 8 lbs.  It was a good thing I was induced.  They still had to use the vaccum to get her out.  So I'm hoping this one is a little smaller, or at least her head a little smaller.  I am hoping to already have this kid in two weeks, so we'll see!  I would just LOVE the chance to not have to be induced, but her not be too large to come on her own.  Since this is our last baby, I would love to have that chance of being here at home, and being like, "it's time to go!!'  Just the fantasy world inside of me I would love to experience. 

*I found out the full week that I'm 39 weeks, Dr. Howell is on vacation!!!  I said, "I have to get this kid out before then!"  So starting this morning, I've been hitting the concrete!  Knowing that God already has her birthdate set, it's pointless, but psychologically this baby's head is moving lower with every fast pace around the block!

*My tailbone/coccyx area and my pelvis/outer hip area can surely no longer be attached to each other.  I told Josh I'm more excited about the epidural taking that butt/hip pain away more than the contractions!  Sleeping is almost a chore.  I'm thinking about sleeping in the glider!  Laying down is so painful!

* Bags are packed, car seat is now in my car.

36 weeks and counting!!!!!!!

WE ARE READY WHENEVER YOU ARE MISS JACLYN BROOKE!!  But only when you can make a healthy entrance! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment