Monday, June 13, 2011

5 year anniversary trip to Jamaica!!


So those of you who read this that have children, if you're anything like me, when Jaycee was around 10-11 months old, it was the hardest stage so far to go through in terms of not being able to get anything done! She was trying so hard to be mobile, but just couldn't get the hang of it, which resulted in multiple hours of the day with her crying, whining, frustrated because she couldn't follow me fast enough, which resulted in wanting to be held, which resulted in me screaming, "I need a vacation!!" hahaha. Ask and you shall receive. I guess my husband felt bad enough for me after seeing me several days in a row in the same pjs, no makeup, hadn't showered, he looked at me and said, "lets book a trip!" YAY! I think I had this trip scheduled within hours of him agreeing!


However, as the days approached before we left, and realizing I was leaving her for the first time, and not only that, but going out of the country, this mommy had a nervous, out of control breakdown! If it wasn't for my determined husband, my insisting mother in law, multiple pep talks from friends, and the invention of the drug dramamene for the plane ride, I probably would have bailed. However, we went, had the best vacation of our lives, reconnected as husband and wife, and came home refreshed to tackle life all over again!!



This resort is to die for!! We loved it. We went to a Sandals resort for our honeymoon, and we were actually preparing ourselves to be disappointed with this resort b/c we loved Sandals so much, but this place went over and beyond Sandals. It was fantastic. Staff, food, entertainment, drinks, friends....everything was PERFECT. It just opened in May of 2010, and so it still looks so new and everything is so updated and stylish. I was in awe. If you are looking to book a trip, please consider this place. They have a facebook page, so you should check them out. When I get the guts to travel without her again, we are definitely going back!!




So wonderful to have this time for Josh and I to just be "us." We have been so insanely busy this year that we really felt like we haven't even gotten a chance to connect with each other. It had been more of a "okay, what needs to be done, what do you still need help with" kind of relationship. We had gotten focused more in the parent role than husband and wife mode. I'm sure some of you out there can relate! But God sure blessed me with this wonderful man, and this trip made me fall in love with him all over again! (yes, go ahead and puke now).





This is a picture of some friends we made down there. All 3 of the other couples were on their honeymoon, so Josh and I kinda felt "old" in terms of married life. They were great people, and we are all going to try to stay in contact with each other and hopefully meet back up one day! Thanks to social media, this might actually be able to happen!





Paradise!! I couldn't contain myself. Thank you to everyone that made this trip possible for Josh and I to escape. It takes having alot of people that love you enough to take care of a little one so we can "run away" and we appreciate and love each of you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment