Monday, June 13, 2011

18 months!

18 months, a year and a half, 6 more months then she's 2. My goodness, any way you say it, she seems like she's getting too old for my liking! I absolutely love her at this age!! This age is fun. She is trying to mimic everything I do, she's trying to repeat anything I say, she has a memory better than mine, she is majorly in to pretend play and dress up....ahhh, I just love it!!



She looks like she's trying to pose, which wouldn't surprise me if she was. That is just her personality. This was her right before her 18 month appointment today.


I just LOVE that little dress on her, and her heels actually have a chunky heel on the back of them, so I'm counting them as her first pair of high heels. I told her if we're going to be petite, we have to start sometime!! :) She looked adorable, except for when you tried to watch her walk in those shoes!! hahaha.


18 months:


*Still sleeps 11 hours at night. Bed around 8, up around 7


*Takes 2-2 1/2 hr nap a day


*Weighs 23.3 lbs (30th percentile) So we did well! :)


*Is 32 1/2 inches tall (75th percentile) really?!?! (maybe we don't need the heels!)


*Is MAJORLY into dress up and carrying a purse now! I went to Target and bought her a bunch of dress up stuff, a purse, shoes, tiara, dressy gloves...the works, and she is obsessed! She loves going to show her daddy how pretty she looks, and he always acts blown away and that just makes her so excited!


*Completely feeds herself at her meals now, even if it involves silverware! :) I can actually put a plate in front of her and she doesn't try to throw it. She'll eat anything, as long as she can dip it in ketchup, which is fine by me if that'll get the veggies down!


*She is talking more and more. She says actual words now on her own when she wants something. When she's hungry and wants to eat she points to her highchair and says "eat." When she's still hungry for something she says, "more?" haha :) When we read books and I ask her "where is...." she is very well at pointing at the correct thing!


I think that's it for 18 months. I believe we have hit the terrible two's a bit early. The temper tantrums are mulitple times a day, or everytime I say no. At the doctor today, she was trying to open the door and kept saying, "go go" and I told her we couldn't and backed her away from the door and that resulted in one huge screaming fit, and about that time walks in Dr. Hurlock. hahaha. I looked at her and jokingly said, "I have to be doing something wrong!" She just laughed and said,

"It's all because she's a girl. Boys don't do it, girls are pros. Hold on, it's about to get a little bumpy for a while...." hahaha.

I once heard a mom say, "keep your feet grounded, your heart calm, your mind focused, one hand over your mouth, and the other on your bible!" "That is the key to handling the terrible 2's and 3's." hahaha. I plan to put that into practice (sooner than I was prepared to!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment