Sunday, August 9, 2009

22 weeks and 2 days!

Hello! Well, I am happy to say that things are getting better and better! This second trimester energy that everyone was saying that you get, that I was just about done accepting that I was never going to have....actually happened! I don't know if it was because I found out what i'm having, so planning can actually start, along with the shopping, but thank goodness it came along!
So I've known now for 2 weeks, and the bottom row of her closet is already half full of clothes! It seems like I constantly keep showing Josh what I've bought that day, and while he rolls his eyes, he can't help but smile b/c they're so darn cute and he knows it!! :) Kohls is having their 60% off summer clearance sale, and while I can't get anything for her there yet for when she's born in the winter, I am racking up on things that are 6-9 months for next summer for like 4 bucks! Can't pass that up! My sister in law also completely went crazy for her at the Gap Outlet, and i got the most adorable things from her from there! She is going to be soo spoiled!
Josh painted the nursery last weekend! It's a pale pale pale baby green! It's soo relaxing! The nursery was once the hunting room, so needless to say, I wasn't crying when I had to watch Josh take the deer heads and fishes down! Poor guy...
I went to register for Jaycee at Babies R Us and Target!! Hahahaha, omg! I got to that big wall at babies r us where it is nothing but bottles and nipples and more bottles and more nipples. And no one decided to tell me what I would encounter! There were glass bottles, plastic bottles, short bottles, tall bottles, bottles with liners in them (which i still don't know about), and then there were nipples that were slow flow, medium flow and high flow! I mean, HELLO! Talk about hyperventilation and had to use the "walk away, pretend you didn't see" method to calm myself down! I still have no clue what to do in that section! So i'm leaving it blank...
Josh on the other hand, i discovered while registering with him, had no clue that babies had to face backwards in the car and that we needed to register for a mirror to see her face! Once again, i had to use the "walk away, pretend you didn't hear him just say that" method! But it was soooo much fun and we had alot of laughs and I think both of them at times were from the overwhelming, there was nothing to do but laugh moments!
Well, I think that's it! As for Jaycee and mommy, she is having a ball in my belly!! She is kicking me like crazy! And if I didn't mention this in my last blog, she is breach right now. So I strongly believe she is using my bladder as her push off from her feet! But please be praying that she turns!! I really would not like a c-section. We have time, but i'd rather get her on her way...i'd even take sideways right now!! It's strange to think that in 15 weeks she is safe to come out!! crazy huh!? Hope all of you guys have had a great weekend!! Keep praying for this little girl! Love you guys!
Layne and Josh

p.s. i promise to try to look better in the next picture....this is what happens when i blog on sundays!

1 comment:

  1. Layne! You look so freakin' cute!!! And thanks for the clothes advice!! I needed it! I hate being in this inbetween stage where your regular clothes are too tight and maternity is too big!! Aghhhh!

    ReplyDelete