Friday, May 24, 2013

I gotta get this in before she turns 1!

So miss Jaclyn Brooke is almost 1.  Actually in less than 3 weeks!!  She's growing and changing so much before our eyes, and I just can't keep up with her AND this blog lately.  It's one or the other, and so I have a feeling I will always be trying to play catch up on here.  And that's ok. Here's a current picture of her:




I crack up at her!!  I am still (11 months in) clueless at how to parent her.  I sometimes CANNOT figure this kid out!  She's the most content, can entertain herself, smiley baby one minute, and all it takes is a glance in her direction, and she's blood curdling screaming, head slamming on the ground between her legs, which then goes to the head getting thrown backwards so hard, she loses her balance, and falls completely back on her head -TEMPER TANTRUM!!  And while I'm running to pick up a screaming baby, in my head, I'm thinking, "what on earth just happened here?!?!?!"  I know we are at a stage, and I think it's because she gets sidetracked with toys, but the instant she realizes that mommy is not right in front of her or holding her- she throws her fit!! hahahaha, and bless her heart, I don't mean this in a mean way, but it's almost comical!! hahahaha.  She's so stinkin spoiled, she's rotten! :)




She is learning SO much new stuff lately, and is turning more and more into a little toddler, instead of a baby.  Here are some new things she's doing at 11 1/2 months:

*Still takes 4 bottles a day, and eats 2-3 meals a day

*The morning nap is ever so quickly going out the window!!  How am i supposed to get ready now?!??!

*Still one of those hit and miss sleepers.  I get excited if I only have to get up once in the middle of the night, or even if it's more, and I just have to pop in the paci- it's a good night!!  There are some nights, that she awakes, and it's a good hour or so before I can get her back to sleep and in her crib.  (I promise, we've tried crying it out on several occasions.  She either hyperventiliates until I can't take it, throws up, or will continue to do what is needed for up to 2 hours one day!)  What would you do at 2am?  Let her cry for 2 hours or put her on your chest, and both take a snooze until you awaken 45 minutes later to a sleeping baby on your chest, and get to "hopefully" lay her back down! hahaha.  I'll take the latter any day of the week at 2am, especially when you're 3 year old is up and barking orders at 630! :)  hahahaha.

*On a side note of what is above- yes, I wish she was like Jaycee and slept through the night from 7 weeks on.  I wish we had trained her to cry it out before she knew how great her lungs worked- HOWEVER- I often time remind myself when I'm awake at 2am with a baby going back to sleep on me- how many parents would kill to have a baby to wake up for, or how many parents would love to just have their baby at home with them instead of in the hospital to put back to sleep- so I tend to find myself with alot of prayer time in the middle of the night, and so thankful that even though she's not a great sleeper- she's here, she's healthy, and I believe- just loves her cuddles!! :) 

* Her updated word list: "momma", "dada", "hi!!", "heewwwooo (hello)", "bye bye", "ball", "nack" (for snack, or whenever she sees food), "mo" (which I belive is more, b/c that's what comes out when there is no more food on her tray! hahaha) And I think that's it. 

*She's GREAT at shaking her head NO! hahaha

*She is cruising everywhere.  She is SOOOO close to walking.  She will let go of one couch to take 2-3 steps to get to the other, and she does great.  She just needs more confidence.

*She still idolizes Jaycee!  My heart STILL melts watching them play together and hear them giggle together!!  Oh, I just love watching them grow up together.  Jaycee taking her for a ride in her little barbie mustang outside, just makes Jaclyn light up in a way that nothing else does! 



*LOVES LOVES LOVES TO DANCE!! 

*Size 3 shoe, 12 month clothing, size 3 diaper.  At an appointment a week or so ago b/c of her ears, she weighed in there at 20 lbs!  but that was fully clothed and not a dry diaper!

I think that's about it.  We are having a birthday party here in about 3 weeks to celebrate the big day, and so hopefully I'll have a good "BIG 1" blog update with fun pics! :) And probably a few pics of me crying that my sweet little baby is already having a birthday!! :(


No comments:

Post a Comment