Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Years Eve, 17 week pregnancy, and time for a big girl bed!!

New Year's Eve and pregnant. Boy that was fun!!! I spent new years eve day working at the hospital, came home, had to make something to take to the new years eve party, and then find the energy to still want to get dressed up!! Whew- I was counting down til midnight at 10 minutes til, not 10 seconds til!!! How old have I gotten?!?!! While, it was so nice for Josh and I to get out of the house, enjoy quality time with friends we don't get to see much, and each tons of good food- I could not WAIT to get in my pjs and in my own bed!!!! Sounds soooo pathetic, doesn't it?!? I hope it's the pregnancy doing that talking, and not me just turning into a shut in!! hahaha.


Here is Josh and I at the party. The party was at a cabin where we've had many a many of new years eve parties and they are always a blast!!! It's one of those places that even if you don't feel like going, you find it deep down inside of you to make sure you still go!!!



Unexpectantedely, the whole new years eve weekend, Josh and I got the whole weekend to ourselves b/c my parents wanted her for two nights. So Josh and I got some quiet/sanity time and because I wasn't chasing around a toddler ripping off her diaper, I remembered to have Josh take a pregnancy picture of me!! Can you believe it's my 17 weeks picture, and it's the first picture I've gotten since I was 9 weeks?!?! Does that tell you, I'm a little busy these days!!





I am so much larger this pregnancy, even with being so sick the first trimester.


I have gained a total of 8 lbs at this point


Completely in maternity pants (unless they're comfy pants)


The baby is moving all the time!! Not strong enough to feel it on the outside, but I've forgotten what this feeling felt like. I'M LOVING IT!!


We find out on January 23rd the sex of the baby!!! Two weeks from tomorrow. I'm so ready!! I call it a boy- but then again, I thought Jaycee was too- so we shall see!! :)


I am for sure that I'm getting ready to pack on the pounds big time!! Just in the past week- I CANNOT GET FULL!! Do you know how wonderful and bad that is all at once!!?! I love to eat, but boy- the foods I want are soooo not healthy!! I'm craving spicy chicken sandwhiches 24/7!! And I want salsa instead of cheese dip!! Whats up with the hardcore flavor I'm wanting?!!?!


I think that's it for now!! And now onto Jaycee:


She has moved on up in her little world- she's in a big girl bed!!


I know it's probably half hormones, but I did not handle the crib being taken down well at all!! Thank God I'm pregnant, or I would have become pregnant last night!!! hahaha. It made it a little better knowing that in a very short period of time- I get to fill that crib again!! :)


It also helped seeing how excited Jaycee was. She was beyond thrilled!!






She loved helping daddy put up her new crib, and I wanted her to be apart of this as much as she could, so she would see it as such an awesome big deal!! :)




Here's the finished product!! We only got the bed up in her room, and still have 4 or 5 more pieces in the garage to bring it and get situated (not quite for sure it's all going to fit in her room at this house- some of it might have to wait until we move!)


I'm kinda laughing about this tonight, kinda not. I thought this bedding was ADORABLE, but of course I didn't go out and get all crazy with prices b/c I kept saying, "she's going to pee on this, puke on this, jump on this....I'll get her nicer bedding later!!"


Boy, did I eat those words right up!! Jaycee's first night in her big girl bed, and we woke up with her throwing up in her bed around 1am!!! Never even crossed my mind to get spare sheets for the first night it was up- but it didn't matter- those would have gotten ruined too.


We've had a very long, and heartbreaking day today watching our little girl be so sick for about 10 hours!!!


Her daddy and I are in bed, and we are currently betting on who gets sick first!!! Oh well- welcome 2012!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment